2020 New York State
Men's Mid-Amateur Championship
The Seawane Club (Hewlett Harbor)
October 2-4, 2020
Terms of the Competition
1. Gender: The Championship is open to male amateur golfers.
2. Membership: Players must be a member of the NYSGA, defined as either belonging to an NYSGA member club or an NYSGA eClub (NYS residency required of eClub members).
3. Age: Players must be at least 25 years old on October 2, 2020.
4. USGA Handicap Index: Players must have an up-to-date USGA Handicap Index of 10.4 or less issued through their NYSGA member club.
Entries: All players, including those who are exempt, must register online prior to the established deadline (see below). Entries by mail or fax will not be accepted. A player may only submit one entry. Any player found to have submitted more than one entry may be subject to disqualification.
Deadline: Entries must be received prior to the deadline (5PM EST on Monday, September 14, 2020). Late entries will not be accepted, regardless of reason.
Refund Policy: Entries, less a $20 fee, will be refunded regardless of reason if the NYSGA is notified (315-471-6979 or via email at email@example.com) prior to the entry deadline.
SCHEDULE AND FORMAT
Format: 54 holes of stroke play
Cut: There is a cut after 18 and 36 holes
Schedule: The championship's tentative schedule is listed below
- Round 1: Friday, October 2 (18 holes)
- Round 2: Saturday, October 3 (18 holes)
- Round 3: Sunday, October 4 (18 holes)
Ties: In the event of a tie for the championship after 36 holes, a sudden-death playoff will be held immediately following play
FIELD SELECTION PROCESS
New: Qualifying has been canceled for all 2020 NYSGA championships. This field will be selected primarily via exemptions (automatic and special) and at least 20 decided by USGA Handicap Index (as of the entry deadline).
- Exemptions: The NYSGA has expanded the automatic exemption categories and will consider special exemptions for players who submit their resume (click here for a template resume) to Matt Whaley (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Tuesday, September 8, 2020.
- USGA Handicap Index: At least 20 players will be selected by the low USGA Handicap Index as of the entry close date. The NYSGA will review each player's score history to ensure that it is accurate and up-to-date.
- Registration: All players must register for the championship before they will be considered for entry. No player will be charged until their entry is approved.
The exempt player categories is posted (click here). The NYSGA reserves the right to revise any of the exemption categories. Exempt players must submit an entry prior to the deadline.
New: The NYSGA executive committee has CANCELED the scheduled practice round.
New: The use of a caddie is prohibited.
The use of golf carts is permitted (if available).
The use of push carts, whether manual or electric, is permitted.
New: All players will be required to record hole-by-hole scores using a mobile app (USGA's Tournament Management Golf Genius), available on Android and Apple App Stores.
A complimentary lunch will be provided each day.
The winner, runner-up, and top-10 finishers will each receive a trophy to commemorate their finish. The winner will also receive custody of the permanent Championship trophy for the ensuing year, subject to any conditions the NYSGA may establish.
New: Spectators are limited to one (1) person per player.
Spectators are always welcome at NYSGA championships. As a guest of the NYSGA and the host club, spectators are expected to dress in golf appropriate clothing and quietly follow players. Smoking and drinking alcoholic beverages should be kept at a minimum. Cell phones must be either turned off or set to silent. Follow your players from a distance (at least 20 yards) and stay in the rough or on the cart paths. Do not lag behind the players as this often delays players in the group behind. Spectator carts are not permitted, exceptions are only allowed if the Handicap Cart Request form (see below) is submitted seven days prior to the start of the competition.
HANDICAP CART REQUEST FORM
Click here to download and print the form that must be completed for a disabled spectator requesting the use of a motorized golf cart. Note that this form must be emailed at least seven days prior to the start of the competition.
Players must be neat in appearance with respect to clothing and personal appearance.
CONDITIONS; TERMS; SCHEDULES
The NYSGA reserves the right to amend any of the conditions, terms, or schedules published for this Championship. The decision of the NYSGA in any matter will be final.